IBM has recently announced a new offering that brings several product capabilities into a single platform.
The IBM Automation Platform for Digital Business is an integrated platform of five automation capabilities that help business people drive virtually all types of automation projects at speed and scale.
You can automate repetitive human tasks, content management, process workflows, data capture and business decisions with the platform’s flexible, integrated capabilities.
The platform consists of the former IBM Smarter Process components (BPM, ODM, Blueworks Live, and RPA w/ Automation Anywhere), as well as the IBM Enterprise Content Management portfolio (IBM Case Manager, Filenet Content Manager, IBM Content Manager on Demand, IBM Content Manager, IBM Datacap).
IBM Automation Platform for Digital Business – Software Bundle
IBM® Digital Business Automation delivers a simple way to acquire and utilize key offerings from across the IBM portfolio to digitize all aspects of business operations, which include workflow, decisions, content, and data capture.
This offering includes simplified packaging and licensing that is based upon Processor Value Units (PVUs). The PVU entitlements that are purchased can be used across each of the products in the offering according to clients’ needs. This can help to simplify planning for adoption and growth of new business automation solutions.
Digital Business Automation delivers essential bundled capabilities to digitize all aspects of business operations, by extending the workforce with digital labor to enable businesses to scale:
- Workflow. IBM Business Process Manager (IBM BPM) and IBM Case Manager automate processes and cases for agility, visibility, and consistency across business operations.
- Decisions. IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) automates policies and decisions by managing millions of business rules and enabling rapid business change.
- Content. IBM FileNet® Content Manager provides enterprise content management to enable secure access, collaboration support, content synchronization and sharing, and mobile support to engage users over all channels and devices.
- Data capture. IBM Datacap automates data extraction from documents, by capturing relevant business data from millions of documents to enable essential business operations.
IBM Digital Automation Workflow
Business Automation Workflow V18.0 combines IBM Business Process Manager (IBM BPM) and IBM Case Manager into one workflow offering. It unites information, process, and users to provide a 360-degree view of work. In addition to process management and case management, workflow uses advanced analytics, business rules, and collaboration to drive more successful, optimized business outcomes.
The new offering was announced on March 13th 2018 and was available on March 23rd 2018
IBM Business Automation Workflow provides:
- Tools that simplify designing and deploying business solutions
- An ready-to-use interface for user that is flexible and customizable and can be extended to create role-based client experiences
- An active-content infrastructure that manages the persisted case object model and enables content-based events for case activities
- A common environment for straight-through processing, human, and case-oriented workflows
- Rich analytics that provide several methods to track and measure workflow business performance
- Methods to help users to gather the right content, apply analytics for more accurate decisions, and take necessary actions to assure better business outcomes
- Ability to identify and incorporate both structured and unstructured content into workflows, regardless of where that content lives either on premises, in the cloud, or in the field with mobile devices